It’s been an eventful summer in Richmond as we continue to come together to build, grow our union, and organize, all while pushing the City to meet us at the bargaining table. United in SEIU Virginia 512, we are organized, prepared, and ready to negotiate.
Please visit this page regularly for the latest updates on bargaining.
What's the latest news?
Early September 2023
Although our bargaining team has put together a strong proposal that will make Richmond a better place to work, the city hasn’t done its part to work with us to reach an agreement.
Last week, our bargaining team submitted a series of formal proposals to the city that together have the goals of addressing the issues of low pay and benefits that have led to issues with recruitment and retention, and the vacancies of city positions. We are committed to fighting for a fair contract with the vision of creating a good work environment within the City of Richmond, one that attracts individuals who are eager to join the city workforce and contribute to providing better services for all residents of Richmond. A better Richmond starts with SEIU and when our members are respected and paid, the City as a whole wins.
- We have our first bargaining dates! We will meet with the city on Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 31.
- We will be making a series of language proposals, put together by your bargaining team, and based on what you told us you’re willing to fight for! Stay tuned for highlights of what we’re proposing and how you can stay involved to help us win!
Take action now!
- As we set our sights on a union contract, we need to show the City of Richmond that we’re strong and united in our fight for improved benefits, wages, and working conditions. Are you with us? Become an official member of SEIU Virginia 512 today.
- What issues matter most to you? Take our quick survey. Every response gets us closer to what we all want -- a strong union contract.
- Commit to building power with your fellow Richmond City employees. Sign up for the Contract Action Team (CAT) member, a worksite leader, or a spokesperson.
- Get our latest updates right on your phone. Text ‘Richmond’ to 787753 to join our text message list.
Meet the members of the Richmond bargaining team: