SEIU Virginia 512 members know that the rights of workers are not just dictated at the worksite -- they’re also impacted by the decisions of local, state, and national elected officials. So our union works hard to hold those elected officials accountable, and make Virginia politics work for working people.
We elect champions for working people, regardless of their political party. Then, we hold our elected officials accountable to the people they serve. Every single day.
SEIU Virginia 512 members advocate for:
- Good-paying union jobs
- Access to affordable health care, public services, and secure retirements
- Economic, racial, and immigrant justice
- And other policies that serve working families in our commonwealth
Union members take action by:
- Meeting with our elected officials to talk about important issues
- Attending local or state budget hearings
- Participating in our endorsement process each year
- Knocking on doors for our endorsed candidates
- Going to Lobby Day in Richmond