WHY IS THIS ELECTION IMPORTANT?
Richmond City employees have been fighting for the right to organize, bargain, and win for over two years, and now it’s time to vote. We are so close to being able to address the issues that matter to us, things like improving our benefits for healthcare and retirement, winning real job security we can count on, getting paid a fair wage for our work and being treated with respect.
WHEN IS THE ELECTION? WHAT ARE OTHER KEY ELECTION DATES?
- The election takes place from November 6-December 5, 2023.
- Ballots should arrive in mailboxes no later than November 10, 2023. (estimate)
- Replacement ballots may be requested by email on or before November 24, 2023.
- Ballots should be mailed by November 30, 2023 at the latest to ensure your ballot will reach the destination by the deadline. In general, mail your ballot back as soon as you can after you receive it.
- Ballots will be picked up at the Beaverton Post Office (4550 SW Betts Ave, Beaverton, OR 97005) at 10:30 AM Pacific on December 5, 2023. No ballots received after that time will be counted.
- Results will be announced on or about December 10.
- After reading the voting instructions on the enclosed ballot, completely fill in the ⬤ circle next to your selection, preferably with a black permanent marker; black or blue ink pens are acceptable. Do not use pencil.
- Signing your ballot will invalidate your ballot. Do not sign your ballot.
- Marks made outside the circles may invalidate your ballot.
- Marking more than one selection will invalidate your ballot.
- Place your marked ballot inside the enclosed SECRET BALLOT ENVELOPE and seal it.
- Place the SECRET BALLOT ENVELOPE into the enclosed RETURN ENVELOPE; seal the RETURN ENVELOPE.
Do not include any other material inside the RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Print your name and address in the space provided in the upper-left of the front of the RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Mail the sealed RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Due to the slowdown of USPS deliveries, you are encouraged to immediately vote and return your ballot in the enclosed RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Ballots received after 10:30 AM Pacific on December 5, 2023, will not be counted.
- Ballots not returned in the provided RETURN ENVELOPE will not be counted.
- Ballots must be returned by US Mail to be counted. Hand-delivered ballots will not be counted.
I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY BALLOT OR I MADE A MISTAKE ON THE ONE THAT I DID GET. CAN I GET A NEW ONE?
Replacement ballots may be requested by email on or before November 24, 2023, from the City of Richmond Labor Relations Administrator, at RichmondLRA@laborarbitration.com.
Note: Your request must be submitted from your work email account, not your personal email account
You can use the following language when you write to the LRA…
Dear Richmond LRA,
I am a City of Richmond employee in the professional bargaining unit and I write to request a replacement ballot.
[Optional: I need a new ballot because (insert the appropriate sentence ending from the options below, or use your own words)
- I have not received my ballot package
- I lost my ballot package
- My ballot package is missing the secret ballot envelope
- My ballot package is missing the business return envelope
- I mistakenly marked my ballot outside the circles
- I mistakenly marked my secret ballot envelope
This is my information:
Full Name _______________________
Job Title _________________________
Home Address _________________________________________
Personal or Cell Phone _______________
Thank you for your help,
I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ELECTION AND FILLING OUT MY BALLOT. WHO DO I TALK TO?
Please contact the City of Richmond Labor Relations Administrator
I VOTED. NOW WHAT?
Now that you voted, how about becoming a leader in SEIU Virginia 512? Members are stepping up to join things like the CAT team, the bargaining committee, or to become a worksite leader or spokesperson. To learn more or sign up, check out this information page.