WHY IS THIS ELECTION IMPORTANT?
Loudoun County employees have been fighting for the right to organize, bargain, and win for years, and now it’s time to vote. We are so close to being able to address the issues that matter to us, things like improving our benefits for healthcare and retirement, winning real job security we can count on, getting paid a fair wage for our work, and being treated with respect.
WHEN IS THE ELECTION? WHAT ARE OTHER KEY ELECTION DATES?
- The election takes place from February 7 to March 6, 2024.
- Ballots should arrive in mailboxes by no later than February 14 (depending on the postal service).
- This is an all-mail election using a paper ballot. Please get your ballot in ASAP. Since no ballot received after March 6 will be counted, leave at least 5 days to mail your ballot back. That means mailing it by March 1 to be safe. Keep in mind that since BallotPoint Election Services is conducting the election, all ballots must travel to Oregon to be counted at their headquarters.
- The last day to request a replacement ballot is February 26. If you need one, email the Loudoun County Labor Administrator at LoudounLRA@laborarbitration.com. If you do not have an email address and need to get in contact with the LRA to order a replacement ballot, please reach out to organizer Carmen Rondon at 202-815-6506 and she will assist you.
- After reading the voting instructions on the enclosed ballot, completely fill in the ⬤ circle next to your selection, preferably with a black permanent marker; black or blue ink pens are acceptable. Do not use pencil.
- Signing your ballot will invalidate your ballot. Do not sign your ballot.
- Marks made outside the circles may invalidate your ballot.
- Marking more than one selection will invalidate your ballot.
- Place your marked ballot inside the enclosed SECRET BALLOT ENVELOPE and seal it.
- Place the SECRET BALLOT ENVELOPE into the enclosed RETURN ENVELOPE; seal the RETURN ENVELOPE.
Do not include any other material inside the RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Print your name and address in the space provided in the upper-left of the front of the RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Mail the sealed RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Due to the slowdown of USPS deliveries, you are encouraged to immediately vote and return your ballot in the enclosed RETURN ENVELOPE.
- Ballots received after 10:30 AM Pacific on March 6, 2024, will not be counted.
- Ballots not returned in the provided RETURN ENVELOPE will not be counted.
- Ballots must be returned by US Mail to be counted. Hand-delivered ballots will not be counted.
I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY BALLOT OR I MADE A MISTAKE ON THE ONE THAT I DID GET. CAN I GET A NEW ONE?
Replacement ballots may be requested by email (from your work email account. If you don’t have a work email, it’s ok to use your personal) on or before February 26, 2024, from the Loudoun County Labor Relations Administrator:
Note: Your request must be submitted from your work email account. If you don’t have a work email, personal email is ok. If you do not have an email address and need to get in contact with the LRA to order a replacement ballot, please reach out to organizer Carmen Rondon at 202-815-6506 and she will assist you.
You can use the following language when you write to the LRA…
Dear Loudoun LRA,
I am a Loudoun County employee in the General Government OR Labor and Trades bargaining unit and I write to request a replacement ballot.
[Optional: I need a new ballot because (insert the appropriate sentence ending from the options below, or use your own words)
- I have not received my ballot package
- I lost my ballot package
- My ballot package is missing the secret ballot envelope
- My ballot package is missing the business return envelope
- I mistakenly marked my ballot outside the circles
- I mistakenly marked my secret ballot envelope
This is my information:
Full Name _______________________
Job Title _________________________
Home Address _________________________________________
Personal or Cell Phone _______________
Thank you for your help,
I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ELECTION AND FILLING OUT MY BALLOT. WHO DO I TALK TO?
Please contact the Loudoun County Labor Relations Administrator:
If you do not have an email address and need to get in contact with the LRA about your ballot, please reach out to organizer Carmen Rondon at 202-815-6506 and she will assist you.
I VOTED. NOW WHAT?
Now that you voted, how about becoming a leader in SEIU Virginia 512? Members are stepping up to join things like the CAT team, the bargaining committee, or to become a worksite leader or spokesperson. To learn more or sign up, check out this information page.